Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Valdes Move closer to Barca Legendary goalkeeper Record

Barcelona goalkeeper, Victor Valdes getting close record of the Blaugrana legendary goalkeeper Andoni Zubizaretta. Valdes who has now appeared in 400 games with Barca is now perched in second place in the top goalkeeping list strengthen the club.

Yes, Zubizaretta still listed as the top goalkeeper to defend the club's Catalunya. The figure is now one of Barca's top brass has appeared in 410 games. And the Zubizaretta record is likely to be exceeded successor, Valdes.

"It's an honor for me. In fact I'm not too concerned with things like that. But of course it becomes a fun record. I thank you to all who always support me. Without them, I can not possibly achieve all this," added Valdes .

Interestingly, Zubizaretta itself become an idol for Valdes. The reason for that is what makes this 29-year goalkeeper admitted happy will equal the record of the hero.

"It's an honor. First, he is a role model for me since entering the senior team. He was also much affected me. For me, he is fantastic,"added the Spanish national team goalkeeper second.

"He became the first goalkeeper to win the European Cup (Champions League) with Barca. He is the first in everything. If I break his record, it would be better."
Valdes made ​​his debut in Barcelona in 2002. Total 13 titles have been presented Valdes for Barca. Unfortunately in the Spain national team, Valdes had to live under the shadow of Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment