Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Adan celebrates 24th birthday

Antonio Adan yesterday celebrates his 24th birthday. Having spent several years in the shadow of Iker Casillas, Adan made his first team debut in all three competitions this season and has allowed only towo goals in the five matches he has played in.

Adan hasn't allowed a goal  in either La Liga or the Champions League, and the only two he has conceded came against Levante in the Copa tie against Levante. He has played a total of 411 minutes (269 in La Liga, 94 in the Copa del Rey and 48 in the Champions League) and has conceded a goal once every 205.5 minutes.

"The club must receive calls from agents offering their goalkeepers every day. It is a privilege to work with Casillas, the perfect example of what the academy has to offer, and Dudek, who is a great keeper and even better person. They have helped me improve as a goalkeeper." commented Adan recently, "I know I am here to work hard and do my very best. I have the best goalkeeper in the world right in front of me and I realize that right now it is impossible to up against him one-on-one. I want to outdo myself every day that passes and continue improving so that one day I can be in the goal." 

No comments:

Post a Comment